Wednesday, August 13, 2008

LiF3

LIFE
By Hannah Jones


To comfort those that are grieving

Sometimes the sun shines ever so bright.
But inside there’s clouds as dark as the night.
Thank you Lord you’re my all in all.
You calm me so peacefully when there is a squall.

You wipe my tears and make it like day.
You let hope shine bright when there’s trouble at bay.
You made life in me when no one else could
You’re my rock and my stronghold where I have stood
I will stand in your gates when they open wide
Thank you Lord for being by my side.

When death finally comes and knocks on my gate
I will gladly accept I’ll no longer wait.
I’ll open my eyes and see your sweet face.
And marvel at your amazing Grace.

Down here there are those who will mourn and cry
But I cannot wait till the time goes by,
A time it may seem before you see me again,
But when I see you I’ll shout hallelujah amen!
Dear friends here on earth, please do not grieve,
Now is the time for me to Leave
It may seem sad and dreary at times
But know that the gift of life is mine
For him have I lived, and to him I will run
My time here on earth is finally done.

As I dance down those streets shining with gold
I’ll think of you God and what I’ve been told
I’ll know that my faith was the faith that was true
And I’ll know that you did what you said you’d do.
I’ll sing with the angels and dance with you Lord
For I have been saved from the fiery sword.
Hannah Jones

No comments: