Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Eight Legged Nightmare

One extra note. On the 14th, we were cleaning up the church. I was in charge of washing the air conditioner filters. I wash brushing them when Chin San called me to come down stairs. He said something of a big spider.

We searched at the toilet for anything crawling with eight legs. And voila, there it was. A big one with legs spread out as big as my hand. Sadly, I'm the only one around unafraid of insects or arachnids. C'mon who else in Kuala Terengganu keeps a pet scorpion at home. Grow up people, butterflies aren't the only arthropods on planet earth.

I know common house spiders rather flee than bite. And their fangs are too small to puncture human skin, and their poison is not fatal. I calmly pulled it onto my hands and let it loose outside.

So that concludes the story of our guest creeper. The guest with eight legs.



Surveying the scene...


Capture process


Close Up


Freeing the spider...

No comments: