Monday, July 12, 2010

Dangers of the wrong tunes - Part I of a Serious Issue


In the beginning God set the standards. Whatever is sinful, DO NOT TOUCH. Over the years things have changed.

Once it was TOUCH BUT DON'T TASTE.
Then it was TASTE BUT DON'T SWALLOW.

For more info, watch the shocking documentary "THEY SOLD THEIR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL" available on YouTube. It might be the most disturbing thing you've ever seen but it would save your faith.

It was this type of mentality that made me feel it's ok to both be a Christian and to listen to hard rock and metal at the same time. Some pastors and all those abang-abang also said it was OK. They said it's ok to listen to such music as long as you don't get addicted. But no matter how much I keep my relationship with God equilibrium with secular rock music, I've always been addicted.

Not to criticize anyone but Jesus made it clear WE CAN NEVER SERVE TWO MASTERS. We will end up hating one and serving loyally to the other. But after watching the documentary, I've noticed that Heavy Metal is like a a prop to leave the door open for the devil and immediately giving him the dreaded foothold.

My faith has been turbulent yes. I've casted out violent movies but that didn't help much. It was clear to me that the music I listen to affected me the most.

The strange thing was when I swore not to listen to one such band, I'll always find another. And the bands I've listen to have got more and more evil. First there was mainstream bands like Linkin Park but I've later moved to more drug and rebellious music like Guns N Roses. The worse was the occultic bands like AC/DC and Black Sabbath.

During the time which I've listened to AC/DC and Black Sabbath, I recalled I was possessed once AT CHURCH. I've slowly left it, but it never left me.

I struck again, this time me and Jeffery stripped and destroy our Rock/Metal band t-shirts but as the years passed new ones replaced the once I've previously destroyed.

Metal can catch people by surprise. Music manipulated by Satan is the deadliest trap of all. Even those soft and melodic rock love ballads have subliminal meanings. Example, Stairway to Heaven has tabs on occult, sex and drugs while Hotel Calrifornia is about the Satanic Church and human worship.

So if you think it's OK to listen to metal and be a Christian at one time. I don't think so but I'm not in the position to judge. Of course I've known a good number of passionate believers who also listen to even Metallica. But results may vary, in my case it got the better of me. But BETTER BE SAFE THAN SORRY...

No comments: